With Our Compliments: The Flock Year, a guided meditation for Epiphany.
Hello There! Welcome to your complimentary soulcare practice from Flock. I hope you’ll find this foundational exercise supportive and nurturing as you move throughout your year. If you like it, please consider joining Flock, our online, experimental relig-ish community for a monthly dose of soulcare goodness. Just click the JOIN button to your right and come be a part of our commmunity!
* your magpie girl
Epiphany: Follow Your Star. A guided meditation for The Flock Year.
Three ways to enhance your practice:
1. Share the name of your guiding star on the Flock Facebook page. (This is a private page where Flock members can have a quiet chat.)
2. Make a physical symbol of your word. One simple way is to decorate a simple star like this one and place it somewhere you will see it regularly.
3. Join us for Meditation Mondays: Upon waking on Monday mornings take ten conscious breaths. On the inhale take in your guiding word. (I receive the gift of __________.) On the exhale send it out to the world. (I offer __________ as a gift to others.) Do this each Monday morning this month.
Resources at your fingertips:
- To print a 8-point star template for your visual symbol, click here.
- To read the full version of Mary Oliver’s poem, “The Summer Day,” click here. (That website will also send you a poem every weekday during the school year if you’d like.) And here’s a lovely collection of her works as well:
- Elizabeth Ballard’s book on epiphanies is right here:
- Our family uses this book/gift set to make our household shrine for Ephiphany:
- And just in case you love my scarf as much as I do, here is the pattern from Ravelry.